#73: ’tis The Season To Be Janky

Β

Yes, it’s that time of year again when you feel like shit, catch every bug going, and get wetter *in* the car than out of it. I hate winter.

Those Aussies have it right. Christmas in the middle of summer? Fuck, yeah!

1. Renae
    Posted December 14, 2009 at 8:42 pm | Permalink | Reply

Sure. You think that now… until you’re sitting there on Christmas day and it is 45 degrees and you’re trying to be nice to people you don’t like (i.e. extended family)… especially when you are forced to go to the house of your sister who doesn’t have air conditioning (or a swimming pool….), just because she is the one with brats!!!
    My grandma used to make roast chickens every christmas… I’m completely baffled as to why the house didn’t spontaneously combust at some point…
    The other bugger about Christmas in the heat… buffet food in 40 degree heat (generally cold meats and/or seafood) is salmonella city!!!!!

2. Posted December 14, 2009 at 8:53 pm | Permalink | Reply

Don’t hold back, say what you feel πŸ˜‰

But there is one advantage: over here, if you are hemmed in by much family you can’t just pop outside for an escape without freezing off parts of your body that you did not know you even had. There is that.

And the easy way to avoid salmonella is to eat with more fastness. Not a problem for me, I can tell you…

3. Saethwr t
    Posted December 14, 2009 at 10:32 pm | Permalink | Reply

1. Dinosaurs > everything by far^^
    2. Chicken soup….you want lemon chicken….cures your cold and sooths your throat at the same time^^

Posted December 14, 2009 at 11:43 pm | Permalink | Reply

that is possibly the greatest poster ever in the background there.

/agree with this comic as well.
    Just got back home and it was bloody freezin, my fingers have turned into sausage fingers D:

5. Posted December 14, 2009 at 11:51 pm | Permalink | Reply

ooo the chicken and the lemon…wholseome! Mmm.

As for the poster, we may at some point get the DS store back up and running, and I’m pretty sure the “dinosaurs >” meme which I have just decided I have invented in my GRATE BRANE all by myself is going to feature in there somewhere. I just need you guys to…uh…meme it around a bit…get it out there.

dinosaurs > lemon chicken

(I made that)

• Renae
      Posted December 20, 2009 at 11:20 pm | Permalink | Reply

dinosaurs > chuck norris πŸ˜›

• Posted December 21, 2009 at 12:15 am | Permalink | Reply

Now you’ve gone and done it, you’ll spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder, dreading the roundhouse kick of doom…

6. shadow
    Posted December 14, 2009 at 11:56 pm | Permalink | Reply

love the upgrade and the 2 new post. by the way haven’t i seen that stuffed bear before in the background before?

yea i have it was like around #45.

and finally LOL i am glad i stuck around.

p.s. i would like to be good friend with you.

do you accept?

7. shadow
    Posted December 15, 2009 at 12:05 am | Permalink | Reply

^_^ ^-^ ^ ^o^ ^ ^-^ ^_^ (^=^) ^_^ ^-^ ^ ^o^ ^ ^-^ ^_^

8. Posted December 15, 2009 at 12:07 am | Permalink | Reply

No, that *other* stuffed bear was owned by a crazy frootloop and was not loved, and was very sad.

*This* bear is called Dave and is *much* loved, despite an annoying habit of hacking up furballs and stealing spring rolls. Well, at least as far as I know. He never says anything in his defence when I point the finger of blame in his direction.

And we love everyone. Except people that think we suck, know more about Halo than me, or could beat me in a fight. other than that, you’re good to go πŸ™‚

9. shadow
    Posted December 15, 2009 at 12:22 am | Permalink | Reply

and #54 ζ–° 狐 θ»’η”Ÿ translates to
    The New Fox Lives

LOL

10. shadow
    Posted December 15, 2009 at 12:26 am | Permalink | Reply

no by *good* friends i mean like we talk out side of comment area

i will givwe you my email i am not worth yours.

lol

p.s. i am pysocodic *some times* but i am just playing around *most of the time ^0_0^
    this ^ are wings

11. shadow
    Posted December 15, 2009 at 12:26 am | Permalink | Reply

give*

12. shadow
    Posted December 15, 2009 at 12:52 am | Permalink | Reply

my email is [email redacted for user’s privacy]

13. Posted December 15, 2009 at 1:12 am | Permalink | Reply

Well, as you can imagine, spare time is pretty sparse, so we don’t get chance to respond to everyone who mails us, but we do read all our emails and try to reply where we can πŸ™‚

(I took your email out otherwise it will get picked up by every piece of spam farming code out there)

Posted December 15, 2009 at 2:54 am | Permalink | Reply

Ain’t that the truth? Sheebus I been sick with Something different the past 3 weeks. All the stupids peoples go to Wal-mart to buy their sick necessities and guess where I work T.T Tis a sad life.
    The poster is totally cool, And the picture on the chicken soup is funny. Giant chickens rule XD

• Posted December 15, 2009 at 7:15 pm | Permalink | Reply

dinosaurs > giant chickens

BUT

Giant chickens > everything else that is not dinosaurs

Posted December 15, 2009 at 3:14 am | Permalink | Reply

la bonita Γ©poca de invierno
    borracheras , gripes y regalos

espero que mejores pronto

• Posted December 15, 2009 at 7:12 pm | Permalink | Reply

Gifts? Yay! Gifts are the one good thing about winter πŸ™‚

You know , I only just noticed you can “reply to” on these comments. Ad it’s my damn site.

I’m an embarrassment to nature.

Posted December 15, 2009 at 2:51 pm | Permalink | Reply

I want a giant chicken like that one! Actually looks more like a Rooster but all “Large C*ck” jokes would get blocked. I do want to know: 1) Do they still MAKE “Man Sized” tissues? IS that legal? Also 2) What exactly is mart doing with a box of tissues and his hands not visible somewhere in his robe? Also like the wads of tissues hanging out of the nostrils! Just remember lemsip and LOTS of whisky

17. icallshogun
    Posted December 15, 2009 at 3:24 pm | Permalink | Reply

You know, with the Hamthrax going around you’d think everyone would be more careful with their sickness in general, but nooooo. Then they get uppity when you don’t want them standing close to you with their carrier vapors. Don’t think I didn’t see you coughing over there, patient zero.

Wulfie_V – You have my deepest sympathy for the work you do, but we all know that Dinosaurs > Giant chickens.

• Posted December 15, 2009 at 7:14 pm | Permalink | Reply

“Don’t think I didn’t see you coughing over there, patient zero.”

ROFL

• Wulfie_V
      Posted December 16, 2009 at 2:22 am | Permalink | Reply

I know Dinosaurs > Giant Chickens. Why you think there Are no more giant chickens? * sniffle * Dinosaur KFC Weee Hooo!

Posted December 15, 2009 at 7:20 pm | Permalink | Reply

well Mart WOULD hold the lemsip but both hands seem to be …..erm…. “occupied”

19. Posted December 15, 2009 at 7:33 pm | Permalink | Reply

Open the shop! I want my dinosaurs > everything t-shirt! πŸ˜€
    This comic is full of LOL

20. Posted December 15, 2009 at 10:42 pm | Permalink | Reply

Foxx: “Mart, if you get 5 mins can you press the “draw the merch and make a shop” button please? Ta star!”

Mart: *sigh*

(Yes, this is really the kind of text message conversation I make Mart suffer)

• Wulfie_V
      Posted December 16, 2009 at 2:25 am | Permalink | Reply

It’s just like Office Max commercials! Press the easy button plzkthxbaibai! Zooom and Foxx is off to have some tasty food whilst the store, and merch create themselves. Zing!

21. krystal foxx
    Posted December 17, 2009 at 7:51 pm | Permalink | Reply

i hate winter cold wet. have to cram the wood burner full of logs to keep warm. the car does not like starting. cold when at work blowing the paths at 7am each morning. puting down salt so the kids don’t slip up and doing the headmaster logs for him and stuff. you fell like crap most of the time.what yah get for being a groundsmen.

Posted December 17, 2009 at 8:03 pm | Permalink | Reply

In the summer it’s HOT fool! I think how nice it would be to work outdoors for about 2 weeks in the fall and the spring but the rest of the year I am glad to be a pale sickly office dweller as it is cold and nasty or hot and nasty! Krystal Foxx has my sympathies… new thermals for Xmas!

23. Posted December 17, 2009 at 8:07 pm | Permalink | Reply

Pshhhh! In the summer you just hang around and drink BEER, pushing a leaf around to simulate work. IN MY MIND! He he

Posted December 17, 2009 at 8:09 pm | Permalink | Reply

yes… drink beer eat a kebab and voila! Instant leafblower/snowblower no gasoline or electricity needed

• Renae
      Posted December 20, 2009 at 11:18 pm | Permalink | Reply

hmmmm maybe i should send my dog up there for yas….