#75: Dog Bless Us, One And All

Well, here we are, end of another year. I had hoped to post this on Christmas Day itself, but you know how tryptophan works.

Anyway, from all of us here at dogsounds Towers, we’d like to thank you for following us over the last year, and wish you a very merry Chistmas/Kwanzaa/Hanukkah/insert specific holiday season here, and hopefully a really, really awesome 2010.

Here’s looking to the year we made contact!

Posted December 27, 2009 at 4:38 pm | Permalink | Reply

jajaja
    nice tv
    i said fire XD
    happy new year
    and happy snowstorm ^^

• Posted December 27, 2009 at 5:41 pm | Permalink | Reply

Snowstorm? That lasted a day, Now it’s just evil, shiny ice on every pavement.

I had my first encounter with winter ass-fallery yesterday on the damn ice. No injury, but I spun round on my ass all breakdance style and recovered quite nicely.

• jose angel
        Posted December 27, 2009 at 5:49 pm | Permalink | Reply

That must have hurt 😦

• Posted December 27, 2009 at 6:59 pm | Permalink | Reply

Surpisingly, not at all

• Warbirdali
            Posted December 29, 2009 at 7:51 pm | Permalink | Reply

yeah, well with that padding…… If you bust your rear in a breakdance style would you damage your HerbieHancoccyx?

• Posted December 29, 2009 at 8:54 pm | Permalink | Reply

Padding? With the traditional family bony ass? You’re sure you are related to me, right?

• Warbirdali
                Posted December 29, 2009 at 9:17 pm | Permalink | Reply

Sortry I thought you were more padded than me, maybe I am thinking of Ian… I don’t recall ever checking out your ass so I claim lack of knowledge!

• Posted December 29, 2009 at 11:45 pm | Permalink | Reply

Much along the same lines, as youself, old chap. Ian…well, he was the milkman’s son or something.

Posted December 28, 2009 at 2:05 am | Permalink | Reply

Love the fire, and the fact that it’s on a TV with a 360 hooked up to it. Aaaand can’t go without noting the dinosaur pic. Heheh top hat and cane lookin good on Mart, and Foxx lookin spiffy too!

• icallshogun
      Posted December 28, 2009 at 3:07 am | Permalink | Reply

Everyone looks pretty boss with a cane. Try it! Just be sure it’s less Carl Fredricksen and more Gregory House.

Happy (holiday of choice) and new years to everybody!

Posted December 28, 2009 at 9:45 am | Permalink | Reply

I wish I had a monocle… Damn those clothes worn there are sweet

4. Warbirdali
    Posted December 28, 2009 at 1:00 pm | Permalink | Reply

That TV fire does look lke you could roast your virtual nuts on it. I have to say Mart has never looked so good (no eyes and a wondrous moustache) .. I think it looks more Sherlock-Holmes-y than Dickensian… maybe you could bust out into the detective mode and ride the Holmes Gravy train for a few months while it lasts? In looking agan at it that wall looks the same as my dining room (“Victorian Brothel the color was…is that where you two are?) I also think I have seen Foxx’s outfit on an old Dura Duran album cover, or maybe an Adam & the Ants video?? Merry RHOYC to all (Religious Holiday of your choice though Kwaanza is not religious)

• Posted December 28, 2009 at 1:05 pm | Permalink | Reply

I kinda picked up on the Holmes vibe after I drew it. It’s actually an odd mix of Dickenzian, Victorian and classic bodice-ripper story style clothing I guess. But it does the job of having that classic “chocolate box” feel to it, if only slightly. Now if it had a fat jolly character, rosy-cheeked brats and a rocking horse or two we’d be right on the money! I was going to paint it but didn’t have time.

And I did even think of the classically cheesy “fun times on a frozen lake” scenario but couldn’t make it work 🙂

• mart
      Posted December 30, 2009 at 7:36 am | Permalink | Reply

well, shucks. a ‘tache of such hirsute magnificence I almost weep at the sight! i won’t mention that it came out of a cracker…

• Posted December 30, 2009 at 12:45 pm | Permalink | Reply

lol, it *does* look like one of those, doesn’t it?

• Warbirdali
        Posted December 30, 2009 at 2:32 pm | Permalink | Reply

If you google Lord Kitchener it is his exact moustache!
        i have set my FB profile to him in honor of Mart’s manly hirsuteness!

• Warbirdali
          Posted December 31, 2009 at 2:07 pm | Permalink | Reply

Eureka! I have it! Foxx’s outfit has been ripped from one of his old Showaddywaddy posters!! (Or maybe it was Mudd or Darts?) The 70’s live forever!

• Posted December 31, 2009 at 3:26 pm | Permalink | Reply

I think that was more *your* era, old man 😉

• Warbirdali
              Posted December 31, 2009 at 3:32 pm | Permalink | Reply

hem-hem yes I thought of that afterwards, you would have been a fetus back then… unless you stole my posters from the attic….not that I ever had any you understand……

• Posted December 31, 2009 at 3:37 pm | Permalink | Reply

SO that Bay City Rollers annual wasn’t yours…?

• Warbirdali
                  Posted December 31, 2009 at 3:50 pm | Permalink | Reply

no…and neither were the tartan drainpipe flared pants either…or all those “Shang a lang” badges….gulp

• Posted December 31, 2009 at 5:30 pm | Permalink | Reply

My brain just conjured up such images and made itself go blind.

5. andy
    Posted December 28, 2009 at 10:42 pm | Permalink | Reply

Dinosaurs > Lamposts

6. Warbirdali
    Posted December 29, 2009 at 7:49 pm | Permalink | Reply

Instead of classic Currier & Ives skating on the lake you could use Snoopy & co. from “A Charlie Brown Christmas”. Maybe you could get your cards printed up for next year and in the dogstore for next XMas along with all the other stuff you are going to sell using the “Sell it!” big red button for making million$ from a good idea

• Posted December 29, 2009 at 8:55 pm | Permalink | Reply

My Spidey senses detect a subtle message between the lines right there…