#76: Half-Wit 2: The Enwittening

I kinda had this half-done a few weeks ago so I thought I would finish it and put it up as an extra mid-week treat.

Nearly the end of the decade! I’m putting a strip up on New Year’s Day too, if I’m notΒ too hung over…

1. Posted December 30, 2009 at 1:17 pm | Permalink | Reply

hahah oh man, I’ve seen stuff like this happen sometimes on tv where the anchormen argue about weird stuff…

2. Posted December 30, 2009 at 1:36 pm | Permalink | Reply

Heh, I was watching one of those the other day, two grumpy old men, one the presenter, one the reporter in the field, and it went something like:

Anchor (to the reporter stood with two members of the public): “So, that’s great bob, you gonna actually ask them any questions for us? Not that I should have to tell you how to do your job or anything…”

Reporter “Yeah, yeah, I know what I’m doing, I can do my job thank you. Want me to come there and teach you how to do yours?”

Anchor: “Well, you wouldn’t know, you know.”

Reporter: “Yeah, yeah. I’ve been in the job for thirty years, how long you been doing it?”

Anchor: “Actually, you’ve been at it for three months, Bob, remember? You were my producer, although I guess you weren’t very good at that either, hence where you are now.”

And so on. I may have that wrong from memory, but it cracked me up πŸ™‚

3. Warbirdali
    Posted December 30, 2009 at 2:46 pm | Permalink | Reply

Here in Memphis on the McNews Networks they are pretty much the same except one of them allows the man & woman anchors to make comments about the stories (along the lines of “Wgat were they thinking?” etc. It does make for better viewing since half the time that is what I am thinking too… the other stations just read it so you get the idea that it really IS vital news rather than some idiot local who did something stupid etc. Also I like the fact that anchorman mixes his name up… of coutrse you should also toss in the old “looking at the wrong Camera” shot at some point. Reminds me of “Airplane” with the news being read around the world, the guy on drums changing to look at a different camera and the cheesy graphics too! Best Local news is the Family Guy one, one time they had “Pit Bull attacks small plane” as a “Coming up” story -the graphic had a pit bull latched on to a Cessna Tyre- which about sums up all local news

Posted December 30, 2009 at 3:44 pm | Permalink | Reply

loooooooooooooooool

Love this one, I found it so amusing how some people were saying it was gunna destroy the world xD
    Any excuse to panic and say the world is gunna end for some people -_-
    I believe 2012 is this decade’s most popular end of the world theme at the moment.

Great strip, Bob Crevice seems pretty embarrassed about causing the inhabitants on Xen to spill out into the world πŸ˜‰

• Squival
      Posted December 30, 2009 at 3:46 pm | Permalink | Reply

Rofl! Also I only just noticed the little News Flash captions in the bottom of each panel, lovely touch

• Posted December 30, 2009 at 4:12 pm | Permalink | Reply

You know, that’s not actually what we intended when we wrote it, but reading the story as that actually makes it funnier πŸ™‚

Posted December 30, 2009 at 3:48 pm | Permalink | Reply

no savia que lo habian vuelto a activar
    jajajajajaja
    poor bob

6. icallshogun
    Posted December 30, 2009 at 3:53 pm | Permalink | Reply

There are fewer things better than seeing one newsman go aggro on another, particularly over little crap. Don’t get that too often on the local news here, they all seem to get along. And they might be a little bit afraid of Adam Gehrke.

Posted December 31, 2009 at 6:19 pm | Permalink | Reply

You always have such fun comments on the bottom panels when you do news reels. I love reading those. And yes I love wasteful tid bits like the one about the expenses investigation. It’s like hey we spent lots of money to figure out we are spending lots of money on stupid things. Beautiful human stupidity!

• Posted December 31, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Permalink | Reply

he he, thanks πŸ™‚

The last one is a very british reference, but someone will get it πŸ™‚

The human race is the pinnacle of evolution – now there’s an oxymoron…