#79: Fancy Dress Parties For Old Geeks

About three people out there will understand this, but I couldn’tย resist the image in my head.

Posted January 20, 2010 at 12:59 am | Permalink

nice 70’s party
    but the crazy floor
    and disco ball?

• Posted January 20, 2010 at 1:03 am | Permalink

I tried drawing a discoball and it broke every artistic molecule in my body.

Posted January 20, 2010 at 1:38 am | Permalink

ok
    deve ser cansado divujar con tantos detalles

• Posted January 20, 2010 at 1:50 am | Permalink

It can be hard work, and sometimes – if I am tired from working all week – a real grind, but my readers are worth the effort ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted January 20, 2010 at 3:57 am | Permalink

arigato

Posted January 20, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

hmmm those ELO puns are strangely familiar, though they came “Out of the Blue” when you were “Steppin out” I am sure.
    I gots to say that I burst out laughing at Mart (who doesn’t??) though I was a Tad dissappointed that his glasses/eyes are on straight…I guess if not he wouldn’t look like Jeff Lynne though. He looks a bit wooden, like he is “Turned to stone” (but nor in a rude way like if he had met a “Sweet talkin’ woman”) OK I am done for now while I go andwer the “Telephone Line” then look in my vast album collection for more titles

Posted January 20, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

he he he I am STILL chuckling over “Scary Wig” “It’s a living thing”….. brilliant!I think it is Mart’s expression (or lack thereof) that does it!

• Posted January 20, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Permalink

“Here Is The News”: entire tartget audience for this gag understands all the “Secret Messages”, and we will be “Calling America” to convey our gratitude. We are gald this strip is not seen as “So Serious”, and feel “Alright”.

Posted January 20, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Permalink

groan …any more and you’ll be telling the audience “All over the World” to please “Don’t walk away”. Sorry I can’t think of a way to fit “Xanadu” into a pun. With all this “Confusion” I’ll get the “Last Train to London” and see Horace Wimp.
        Adios! as all the Wild West Heroes say

• Posted January 20, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

Well played, that man, We both win an internets.

Posted January 20, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Permalink

beethoven will be rolling over

Posted January 21, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Permalink

Whoosh!
    Over my head ๐Ÿ˜‰

7. icallshogun
    Posted January 21, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

What the? I understand and now I feel old.

I… I’ve got to go shop for a sports car RIGHT NOW.

Posted January 21, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

My Lotus is on back order…don’t forget extra-strong double-sided tape to hold the toupee on when the top is down…..sigh…..and do they still come with 8-tracks standard in dash?

• icallshogun
        Posted January 21, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Permalink

Oooh, what kind did you get? Pasquale got me a good deal on a 430 Scuderia. It’ll be here for summer, apparently. I drove the Spyder home. As for 8-tracks, I don’t know. I bought one of every iPod because I’m super hip. Going to get skinny jeans and some keffiyehs next.

I just staple mine down. I know Harrison Ford didn’t actually staple the hat on, but I find it tremendously effective.

8. fitzypyro
    Posted October 28, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

OMG YES ELO! i love ELO!
    not bad for a 16 year old dont you think? ๐Ÿ˜›

• Posted October 28, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

My Name is Foxx Wolf, and I endorse this message.

Posted October 28, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

There IS hope for the younger generation after all. And now, on to Buck’s Fizz……