#92: You Say Potato, I Say Starchy Orb Of Bland

Posted April 20, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Permalink | Reply

Space Spits? Sorry I don’t get to see it in that case! Have they created a cyber Raymond Baxter to fly them? Anybody said “Tally Ho” yet? Guess it is hard to have the scarf flutter in the breeze if you can’t open the canopy though. Wasn’t “Spitfires in the space with lasers” a Beatles song?

• Posted April 20, 2010 at 11:02 pm | Permalink | Reply

One Spit pilot did indeed say “Tally Ho!” 🙂

2. josefox
    Posted April 21, 2010 at 3:58 am | Permalink | Reply

i dont understan but i think this point say the fox

lol
    lasers

and the blood?

• Posted April 21, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Permalink | Reply

It’s a play on Mart being very detailed in his criticism and having very high expectations of the episode – whilst Foxx is looks no deeper than Spitfires, in space, with lasers. Foxx is very easily pleased…

Kinda makes no sense if you haven’t seen this episode of Doctor Who, I guess 🙂

Posted April 21, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Permalink | Reply

Even without seeing Dr Who since Tom Baker I get it…. Mart is one of “Those” anal geek types and Foxx is like 99% of the rest of the world. Did I pass the test?

• Posted April 21, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Permalink | Reply

🙂

BTW it will no doubt be on BBC America over the next few days, if you want to watch it.

3. Ladyfox
    Posted April 21, 2010 at 7:35 am | Permalink | Reply

BooYAH!!! Spitfires! In! SPAAAAACE!!!! How incredibly COOL was that? 😀 And Churchill- Picking the Pocket!! BWAHAHAHAA!

• Posted April 21, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Permalink | Reply

“OI! Churchill!”

You just would, wouldn’t you? lol

4. Posted April 21, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Permalink | Reply

I haven’t seen this Doctor Who episode (or any from this millenium for that matter), but I found the strip really funny none the less.

love the BASIC code on Mart’s t-shirt

Posted April 21, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Permalink | Reply

Darn it, I wondered what that was….curse you geeky types for having an extra punchline. If only I had paid attention in computer class….oh wait they didn’t have it when I were a lad hem-hem. Wish I was a smart as wot Foxx be’s. Also Foxx on the new Dr Who I presume they are now better than the olden days where they would run down a “cave” tunnel and the canvas “Stone walls” would flap in the breeze as they ran past?

• Posted April 21, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Permalink | Reply

Dude, you need to go buy a whole mess of DVD box sets. Like, seriously, everytrhing since 2005.

• Posted April 22, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Permalink | Reply

10 PRINT “THE DOCTOR”
        20 PRINT “WHO?”
        30 GOTO 10

RUN

Basic is awesome! (oooh, gotta print that on a t-shirt!)

• Posted April 22, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Permalink | Reply

Well, I just did that but because Cafepress is made of arse webcode I can’t get it to add the tshirt to the store.

Never mind.

• Posted April 22, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Permalink | Reply

How about

10 REM There is no 10
          20 GOTO 10

One Trackback

1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by dogsounds. dogsounds said: Avoid Spikes Quickies #92: You Say Potato, I Say Starchy Orb Of Bland: http://wp.me/pznb5-eZ […]