Avoid Spikes Quickie: #113 Oh Canadia

Overhearing a conversation about differing beliefs, I decided to cause mayhem and butt in with the most bizarre thing I could think of. I declared my absolute lack of belief in Canada. I thought the idea of not believing in a whole country was hilarious. Stopped the conversation dead, and I walked away, my mission complete.

Of course, that’s the last time I’ll ever be welcome at the Royal Geographical Society, but hey.

Posted February 28, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Permalink | Reply

“Foxx’s internal belief system is even more convoluted and unfathomable than you may give him credit for.” Im sorry we don’t give you ANY credit, we only take cash…. in Canadian Dollars. One time Jay Leno was talking aboot Canada and the band played “Oh Christmas Tree” instead of “Oh Canada”. He was the only one that noticed it and joked that they had now pissed off BOTH of their Canadian Viewers. I better be nice, half out clients are Canadian, the other half are quite normal though. Come to think of it I only ever email or phone them, I have never actially SEEN them… it could all be an alien hoax

• Posted February 28, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Permalink | Reply

Cash in Canadian dollars? You must have a HUGE bill-fold. Isn’t that the only currrency that makes Australian dollars look like real money?

Posted February 28, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Permalink | Reply

It’s the same but “Australian” has been changed to “Canadian” in red crayon… and the kangaroo illustration has antlers drawn on

• Posted February 28, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Permalink | Reply

Do they draw over the face too to change one Prime Minister no-ones ever heard into another that no-one’s ever heard of?

Posted February 28, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Permalink | Reply

Oh I thought it was the same dude…. Cameron or something? And they changed “Crikey” to “Eh?” and relabelled Fosters as Moosehead. Apart from all the snow I think they are the same country; you know, a few boozy locals and millions of livestock

2. Abel DuSable
    Posted March 4, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Permalink | Reply

The true question sir, is not wether you believe in Canada but rather “Does Canada believe in YOU?”